The $1,000 non-renewable, EWQA Scholarship Program assists deserving students living within the membership area of EWQA (mid-Atlantic region), who are planning to study in a field related to the water treatment industry.
The student must provide proof of enrollment in an institution of higher education such as technical training, community college, Jr. College, University or the Water Quality Association’s various training and certification programs.
The Scholarship is based on academic achievement, community service, demonstrated leadership and potential contributions to the water treatment industry.
EWQA Member Company Nominations
EWQA Member Companies are encouraged to nominate students enrolled in a field of study leading to a career in the water treatment industry. Member companies may nominate employees, relatives of employees and other deserving individuals. Letters of recommendation from EWQA Member companies, teachers and leading civic leaders etc. are also accepted. Additionally, all scholarship applicants will receive a free EWQA membership while the student is in enrolled in an approved program.
Applicant Must Submit
1. Nomination letter from a EWQA Member Company
2. Provide proof of current admission or entry acceptance to a trade school, 2 or 4 year institution within 6 months of the scholarship being awarded.
3. Submit an essay (400 words maximum) on how this scholarship will help you in your water treatment career how you plan to make a difference in the water treatment industry through your education.
4. Transcript from high school and all attended colleges.
5. Completed and signed EWQA Membership application
6. Letter(s) of recommendation from a teacher, employer etc. are encouraged.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 19283 Cleveland, OH 44119
P 216-860-0765 F 216-465-2180